Spiritual Cleansing Kit
Our Spiritual Cleansing Kit includes - 1 x Natural Abalone Shell, 1 x Palo Santo and 1 x Selenite Stick
- Our abalone shells are harvested sustainably in New Zealand and are silver clear abalone shells with iridescent shades of aqua blue, pink and purple. Due to the natural materials inherent in this item, each unique piece will have variations in shape and color. Abalone shells are traditionally used as tools to perform smudging rituals. They are used as a bowl to catch hot cinders and hold what remains of the smudging stick after it’s burnt. Great for burning sage, incense and herbs. Abalone shells are also a gift from the sea and, thus, symbolically represent the water element while the unlit herbs represent earth, the lit herb represents fire and the smoke represents air. In this way, the act of smudging invites Mama Gaia into the center of the ceremony to hold space for any transformations that will occur. Smoke is known as an ally that attaches itself to negative energy and carries it to another place. It’s also seen to carry prayers out into the Universe.
These gorgeous shells are also a boho decor classic. Use them on your dressing table filled with necklaces, bracelets and rings. You can also keep one in your entry to hold your keys.
- Our Palo Santo ethical smudge sticks are respectfully collected in Peru where the method of collection respects the sacredness of the wood and allows for the continued life of the tree. This resinous Palo Santo delivers a subtle fragrance and is used to cleanse energy, purify, get rid of misfortunes and evil spirits, heal, and inspire creativity. The "holy stick" is a natural wood incense used for centuries and can help brighten your mood and promote feelings of joy.
- Our Selenite sticks are natural and mined in Morocco. Selenite is a variety of gypsum characterized by transparent blades or sheets. Selenite, satin spar, desert rose, and gypsum flower are four crystal structure varieties of the mineral gypsum and typically grouped together are referred to as selenite. Ancient civilizations believed these white transparent crystals waxed and waned with the moon. Selenite is known to exhibit chatoyancy, or the cat's eye effect. Practitioners of crystal therapy and Reiki believe selenite is a calming stone that can be used for good luck and protection, strengthening the memory and to help instill deep peace for meditation or spiritual work. Many believe the powerful vibration of selenite can clear, open and activate the Crown and Higher Chakras.
Selenite can also be used to cleanse the energy of your other stones. If you feel that the energy of a certain stone is dull or less vibrant than it used to be, clear it using selenite. Using a selenite wand, set your other stones beside it until the energy has been rejuvenated.
Abalone Shell - 13.5cm x 11.5 cm
Palo Santo - 10cm
Selenite Stick - 10cm
Add on our Vintage Keepsake Box to keep your crystals and cleansing items. Great for gifting too!
- In honor of the natural world, use a match made of wood from the earth to light the herbs instead of a man-made lighter.
- For various benefits, try smudging with different herbs like white sage (release and clear energy), mugwort (stimulate dreams), lavender (calming) and rosemary (mental clarity), cedar (protection) and flowers (meditation).
- Use caution when handling the shell because heat can transfer to the shell.